The Most Popular Local and International Holiday Locations
Thursday, July 17, 2014
For those who are planning a vacation and need ideas on where to go, there is tons of advice from other vacationers on their favourite vacation spots.
- Many of the most popular vacation destinations are in Central America and the Caribbean because of the warmer climate, the pristine beaches and the numerous festivals. During the U.S. Virgin Islands can show off the St. Thomas Carnival, the Virgin Islands National Park, Trunk Bay and Magens Bay (U.S. News Travel, 2014). Paradise Island in the Bahamas is probably the best destination for families with kids, with its Atlantis Resort offering a kids holiday program like no other (Plum Auvil, 2014).
- Cancun on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico is a classic break spot with its beaches, water parks, aquarium and Mayan ruins (Trip Advisor, 2014).
- Amsterdam is a popular European vacation spot with all its canals and parks to walk and cycle through, its numerous museums and art galleries, the annual Keukenhof flower festival and several Queen's Day festivals.
- If you have enough time and money for farther destinations, Indonesia's Bali Island and South Africa's Cape Town are popular with hikers, mountaineers, abseilers, surfers, divers and sun bathers, and out of season discounts will be useful.
- If you prefer to stay in Canada, you are spoiled for choice. You can visit Vancouver where you can spend a day in Stanley Park to cycle or walk around the Seawall walking and biking path, and introduce the kids to their favourite animals at the children's farm and aquarium. You can also visit the massive public market, the Water Park and loads of restaurants and theatres in Granville Island. For some beach life, spend time at Kitsilano Beach where you can swim in the heated pool and enjoy in-line skating and a few volleyball games. Do not miss April's Cherry Blossom Festival.
- The ski resorts at high altitudes in the west are still open until late May, and if you are a skier, who can usually not afford the better resorts, look out for discounts after the April break. Whistler Blackcomb, Lake Louise and Sunshine Village are very popular. Alternatively, if you have young children who do not need high altitude to have fun, try Mont Tremblant, Mont Blanc and Le Massif in the east. Just go early (McLean, 2014).
Your break is valuable. Spend it somewhere guaranteed to be great.