Get your Heart Racing in Alberta This Summer!
Monday, August 17, 2015
There’s always a lot to do in Alberta over the summer. But sometimes you want a full-on adrenaline-pumping experience that you can’t stop talking about for weeks afterwards.
Hold tight while we present our list of heart-pounding summer fun available right in our own backyard:
- Zipline at the Park – At Calgary’s Olympic Park, you can soar through the air at 120 km/h from Calgary’s highest vantage point, the ski jump tower. Experience the Monster Zipline, a zipline that is 500 metres long with a vertical drop of more than 100 metres. (If you’re a little nervous, you can take comfort in the fact that there are two less-scary ziplines, including one for beginners, so you can work your way up to the Monster.)
- Summer Bobsleigh Rides - Experience the thrill of the summer Bobsleigh at WinSport, also at Calgary Olympic Park. Accompanied by a professional pilot, you will fly down the legendary Olympic track, twisting and turning around 10 turns, traveling at speeds up to 80km/h while reaching 2G Forces.
- Glacier Skywalk – Step out on a glass-floored observation platform that is 280 metres (918 feet) in the air, jutting out over the spectacular Sunwapta Valley in the Canadian Rockies. Feel the wind threatening your stance as you take in glacier-formed valleys, rushing waterfalls, and one of the most unique ecosystems in the world.
- Breakout Edmonton – Are you prepared to prevent a global virus outbreak? Would you know what to do if you woke up in a strange place with only one thing on your mind - escape? That’s the premise behind Breakout Edmonton, a live action escape game where teams are locked in a room and have to solve a series of puzzles, clues and riddles to break out in only 45 minutes!
- Edmonton Ghosts Tours – Get spooked in Old Strathcona and Garneau with a haunting ghost tour! Be sure to keep your eye out for otherworldly sightings – there are more than a few stories about spirits that have been spotted in the area.
- Aerial Trekking Course - Climb from tree to tree on ladders, scramble up nets, over suspended bridges and swinging logs, fly down zip lines or even slide to the next tree on a skateboard! There are over 30 games on four courses of increasing difficulty for families to challenge themselves at Edmonton’s Aerial Trekking Course.
- Riverboarding in Kananaskis – If you’re a very strong swimmer, this adventure is for you. Imagine swimming right in the water, feeling the current propel your flippers as you ride your riverboard down a rushing river. Surf waves and go through a kayak slalom course in this bodyboard blast!
When you’re ready for adventure this summer, Alberta has all the catch-your-breath fun you can handle! What’s stopping you?
View more articles like this one.