24/7 Claims Service: 1-855-674-6338
In case of a loss or an emergency related to your car or home insurance, the following claims phone number is available anywhere in North America 24/7: 1 855-674-6338.
In case of a loss or an emergency related to your insurance, the following claims phone number is available anywhere in North America: 1 855-674-6338.
If you make a claim, your claims advisor will need various documents, including:
- Proof of ownership (such as photographs, user manuals, and warranties)
- A list of damaged property
If one of your appliances causes water damage or a fire, it's important for you to keep this appliance for assessment.
An inventory of your belongings could help prevent headaches in the event of a claim.
You need to file a police report in the following situations:
- Theft or attempted theft
- If a vehicle hits your house
The kind of loss in many situations determines if a police report is necessary. However, most automobile claims will require police reports.
If you need to file a claim following a loss, your insurer will require proof of the loss.
This term refers to proof of possession, ideally, the original bill of sale. Other documents, however, may be accepted, such as:
- Owner's manual/operating instructions
- Warranty cards
- Credit card or bank account statements, etc.
In most situations a Proof of Loss form must be certified by a notary public or commissioner of oaths. Once an insurer receives proof of loss, the claim must be processed quickly. Insurers have:
- Seven days to declare their intention to repair or replace the article, or to repair the damage
- 60 days to either pay compensation or reject the claim